Spock shooter targeting stores weeks before Into Darkness release date.
Star Trek: The Video Game will release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on April 26, 2013, Namco Bandai has announced.
The sci-fi shooter, which is set to launch a few weeks before upcoming movie sequel Star Trek Into Darkness hits cinemas next May, follows Kirk and Spock in a brand new story set between 2009's Star Trek and next year's blockbuster.
The game is currently in development at The Darkness 2 developer Digital Extremes.
As well as announcing a release date, Namco also revealed details of Star Trek's pre-order program.
The 'Elite Officer Pack' will be offered to everybody who pre-orders the title, and features access to bonus weapons and uniforms for the game's two lead characters, including:
- The Stealth Pack – Kirk and Spock stealth uniforms, plus Starfleet Type IV Stealth Sniper Rifle and extra ammo
- The Brawler Pack – Kirk leather jacket costume and Spock Vulcan Science Academy costume
- The Kelvin Pack – Kirk and Spock U.S.S. Kelvin uniforms, plus U.S.S. Kelvin Hand Phaser
- The Academy Pack – Kirk Academy Uniform, Spock Officer Dress Uniform, plus Academy Phaser
- The Kobayashi Maru Pack – Kirk and Spock Kobayashi Maru uniforms
A downloadable version of the game will also be available on PC and PlayStation Network.
Source: Namco Bandai Press Release